Actions and Detail Panel
Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise in a Multi-cultural Worl...
Thu 17 November 2016, 09:30 – 15:30 GMT
In celebration of the Entrepreneurship week (14th – 20th Nov 2016); the World Association for Sustainable Development (WASD) with its flagship journal World Journal of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development (WJEMSD) organizing a one day conference on ‘Sustainable Entrepreneurship’. Other topics to be discussed during he event include but not limited:
- General issues on social entrepreneurship.
- Cultural and religious perspectives on entrepreneurship.
- Sustainable entrepreneurship and finance.
- Sustaining family business across the generations.
- Social entrepreneurship case studies/programmes.
- Creating value to people and the planet: Motivations and the role of connectedness for creating a sustainable venture.
- Youth entrepreneurship in developing countries in the context of starting micro-enterprises? Unemployment globally and the ‘youth bulge’ are huge issues which youth entrepreneurship can help address.
Speakers (more to be added)
Professor Allam Ahmed, President WASD, Editor-in-Chief WJEMSD and Director MEKEI, UK
Ian Bathgate, Director of Business Development and Director SETTLE Eramus+ Project, Centre for Innovation Management & Enterprise (CIME), UEL, UK
Christopher Chagnon, Assistant Director, Centre for International Economic Law, Trade, and Development, London Centre of International Law Practice, UK
Dr. Randolph Cooper, Dean, Royal Docks School of Business and Law, University of East London, UK
Dr. Shova Thapa Karki, Lecturer in Entrepreneurship and Sustainability, University of Sussex, UK
Professor Ronald McQuaid, Professor of Work and Employment, Stirling Management School, University of Stirling, UK
Andre Mostert, Centre for Innovation Management and Enterprise (CIME), UEL, UK
Rudi Page, Chief Executive, Enhanced Leadership Insights, UK
Iain Ross, University of Sussex, UK
James Sutton, University of Sussex, UK
Professor Jonathan Wilson, Associate Dean Postgraduate Programmes and Associate Professor of Business and Management, Richmond University, UK