APRIL 25th 2017 7pm Room G:04, 50 George Square, Edinburgh, EH8 9LU
On May 4th this year, every Council in Scotland will be re-elected. Our Public Meeting on 25th April will be an election hustings for Edinburgh Council…focusing on Sustainable Futures
The 5 key questions for the candidates;
1. If elected, would you call for the divestment fossil fuel holdings of the Lothian Pension Fund and re-invest them in renewable energy ?
2. Would you support the introduction of a Low Emission Zone in Edinburgh to combat air pollution?
3. What would you do to improve the quality of home insulation across Edinburgh ?
4. Would you commit to increasing the number of solar panels on public buildings in Edinburgh ? And how?
5. Would you support the use of land for allotments and community growing food projects in the city?
Con – Cameron Rose southside/Newington canidate
Green – Chas Booth Leith candidate
Lab – Maureen Child Portobello/Craigmillar candidate,
SNP – Adam McVey Leith candidate,