Sustaining My Childcare Business (Homebased)-(for Registered Childminders)
Saturday, 3 June 2017 at 08:45 - Saturday, 17 June 2017 at 16:30 (BST)
Saturday 3rd, 10th and 17th June 2017
8.45am to 4.30pm plus home study
Monday 12th June 20179.15-11.15am
2 hour EYFS learning experience at Chelwood Nursery School
Can be booked as 3 sessions for £200
or as 3 individual Saturday events £80 per session
At this 4 day event run over four consecutive weeks (3 Saturdays plus one Monday morning), you will receive face to face tuition for the delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage 2017 statutory learning, safeguarding and welfare requirements
Registration Deadline: Tuesday 30th May 2017 midday
Time: Registration 8:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Refreshments/snacks are provided - learners to provide own lunch
Where: Hatcham Oak Children's Centre, Walbutton Road, London SE4 2NJ
Fee: £200.00 per delegate (fees fully tax deductable and with option to pay by two separate instalments (to arrange please contact Nikki STEEPcontact@gmail.com
This course is for Registered Childminders, three years or more post Ofsted registered and is particularly useful for those who wish/need to improve. Being of benefit to all registered homebased practitioners including those wanting to up skill their knowledge and understanding for the implementation of The Early Years Foundation Stage standards requirements 2017.
'Sustaining my Childminding Business Course Overview'
- Create an effective business plan and forecast for own setting
- Develop effective record keeping systems for tax and other assessment purposes
- Work with parents to enable children's best outcomes including being school ready
- Develop effective daily routines which flow with the needs of the child and enhance their life skills in readiness for school
- Manage behaviour and conflict through solution focused problem solving strategies
- Support children's transitions and track children's progress across the early years foundation stage using the critical tools of observation, assessment and planning
- In addition you will receive full learning resources to build an impressive ' 'My Continuous Professional Learning and Development Principles into Practice' for self, parents and to showcase at Ofsted and other regulatory inspections
Registered childminders must complete the course in full to merit certification
We regret there are no refunds for non attendance and should you not attend all sessions you will not be eligible for your CPD hours 'Sustaining My Childcare Business' Certificate'
Course Content Objectives:
WELCOME WEEK EVENT: Wednesday May 31st 2017 6.30-8.00pm. Learners come together to meet tutor and peers. Together we prepare for forthcoming Tutor led sessions,share final training details, Receive Early Years Foundation Stage Framework 2017 course documentation bundle to complete homestudy set reading tasks and short written assignment for submission at Day 1
DAY 1: Reviewing and sustaining my homebased childcare business:
Saturday 3rd June 2017
- Understanding the law, developing skills for good business management, marketing your business, finance, employing an assistant, health and safety risk assessment and developing effective partnerships with parents are some of the many aspects covered during this tutor-led day
- At the end of Day 1 participants will be set four private study tasks. These tasks are an important aspect of the course and will focus on whether you have acquired Day 1 knowledge needed for practice. You will need to set a minimum of five hours for completion of these home study tasks (full resources provided) to be submitted at Day 2/3
DAY 2: Delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage 2017 learning and assessment requirements: Saturday 10th June 2017
- This tutor led day enables you to understand the characteristics for young children's effective learning and the provision of educational activities matched to children's interests for the attainment of their early learning goals. There will also be DVD presentations showing how children learn important life skills within the delivery of consistent and effective daily routines at the home-based setting
- You will be set three home study improvement tasks, which when completed you may share at your Ofsted Inspection visit
DAY 3: 'The Early Years Foundation Stage in Action' Chelwood Nursery School
Monday 12th June 2017: 09.15am-11.30am
- This half day eternal learning experience takes place at the Chelwood Nursery School - rated outstanding by Ofsted. An opportunity to observe exceptional adult/child relationships and how staff plan and promote children's individual learning needs in the Early Years Foundation Stage 2017
- We then move across to attend the registered childminders network meeting at Chelwood House meeting room
DAY 4: Delivering the Statutory Learning and Development Requirements:
Saturday 17th June 2017
- This day introduces the critical tools childminders will use to show how young children are learning and achieving at their homebased setting. We cover the statutory requirements as set down and engage in the practical skills for recording, assessing every child's learning across the Early Years Foundation Stage
Optional Face to Face Tutorial/Exit Interview post course Tuesday 27th June 2017, 20 minute individual learner slot by appointment available between 4-8pm
The following further courses are available and may be booked and purchased as separate training modules including:
Keeping Children Safe: Safeguarding Children at homebased settings
- A certificated workshop to support everyone who works in childcare to understand their roles and responsibilities and most importantly the procedures to follow when you have concerns.
- We also cover the new 'Prevent duty responsibilities and how these relate to the Early Years Foundation Stage legal requirements. Update your knowledge of new Ofsted safeguarding requirements 2017 including all EY Practitioners must attend Safeguarding Training every two years and receive Safeguarding updates annually
Paediatric First Aid
Need to renew your current paediatric first aid certificate? We offer a certificated 12 hour tutor-led, hands on paediatric first aid course over one weekend see dates/details available at the Event Brite web site
Local Authority childminding support is Free and Available to Childminders working/resident in the London Borough of Lewisham
Save This Event
When & Where
South Thames Early Education Partnership and Teaching School Alliance. (STEEP)
STEEP- the South Thames Early Education Partnership;
Six South London, Nursery Schools and Children’s Centres, with a long history working with children and families.
- Support and Training for Childminders,
- Initial Teacher Education,
- CPD for Early Years professionals in schools and settings.