San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Calling out to the Makers, the Coders, the Tinkerers, the Inventors, the Crafters, the Digital Artists, and all those that have a fascination for how things work, want to create and build, and those that just want to learn more...
Announcing: SWAMP Fest. (South WAles Makers & Programmers)
This will be a grand open day to showcase the range of
coder, hacker, maker, and associated groups in and around South Wales.
The day will be free of charge, open to all the family,
and feature a selection of talks, workshops, exhibits, and stands
to showcase the things that we do and inspire new people to join in.
Confirmed attendies :-
- Swansea Hackspace
- Carmarthen Coder Dojo
- Digital Volunteers
- South Wales Linux User Group
- Code Club Wales
- The MagPI
Hackspace Workshops (4th Floor)
|11:40||Making & Fixing with SUGRU|
|12:20||3D Printing with TinkerCAD|
|13:00||Learn to Solder (Adults Only)|
|15:00||Getting started with Machine Sewing|
|15:40||3D Printing with TinkerCAD|
|16:20||Ask us anything (Q & A)|
No ticket is required for the hackspace workshops, but places are limited to 10 people, first come first served, workshops are suitable for under 16s unless otherwise indicated. You are recommended to bring your own laptop to get the most from 3D Printing & Arduino workshops.
Computer Room Workshops (1st Floor)
|PiCymru - Qt5 Graphics and Media*|
|Minecraft & Lego|
|CoderDojo - Scratch for kids|
|PiCymru - Pi Problems & queries|
* This is an interactive workshop, to get the most from it please bring your own windows/linux/macos laptop
Workshops are first come first served on the day, unless otherwise stated the computers are provided, just bring yourself or your child along and join in.
Talks - Event Room (2nd Floor)
|10:20||Kick Off / Welcome|
|10:40||Why Hackspaces are cool - Gerrit Niezen|
|11:00||Phil the Pi Explorer - Julian Milligan|
|13:20||PiCymru - Doug|
|14:00||Code Club - Craig Thomas|
|15:00||Pi ARM - Kyle Milligan|
|15:20||The Mag Pi - Colin Deady|
All schedules are preliminary and subject to change.
- Salubrious Place NCP - just a 100m away at the end of Wind St, car entrance is on York St, via Princess Way. If approaching from the motorway Salubrious Place NCP is signposted from the main road, its the first right turn after the museum.
- Post Office / The Strand, Pay & Display - 218 Spaces. 150m via Green dragon lane. car entrance on Strand. Approaching fromt he motorway, take the right-most lane when you cross the river bridges and then the left turn towards Parc Tawe, drive straight through Parc Tawe and follow the road to the left behind the shopping centre, Strand is the turn off just as the road turns sharp right up the hill.
- Limited number of short term (1hr) on-street parking bays on Wind St and surrounding streets
- Swansea City Centre Car Parks
When & Where
Swansea Hackspace is a members run space in the Heart of Swansea where people interested in digital art, electronics, science, and general making, crafting, and hacking together technology can meet, share, learn, and work.