San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Interested in how scientists make discoveries?
Want to learn more about the world around you?
Come and see how science works and take part in hands-on laboratory activities at this FREE taster day for adults at the University of Leeds.
- Learn how the process of science informs our understanding of the world
- Explore how scientists ask questions and contribute to scientific knowledge
- Find out about opportunities for further study
- Meet other adults studying at the University
- Visit the University campus
This day is an opportunity to learn more about pathways to studying science, including the one-year Science Foundation programme which can lead students on to Science or Engineering degrees at the University of Leeds.
Please note this event is primarily aimed at adults who do not already hold a degree and places will be allocated on this basis.
We can provide the following:
• Lunch and refreshments
• Free pre-school childcare in the University nursery (places are limited so please register as soon as possible if you require this)
• Transport to the University (if bringing children)
“Made me more confident and more relaxed about applying to university. It really helped talking to other students.”
“I really enjoyed the labs, especially getting the chance to be hands-on. It was a great experience.”
“I learnt a huge amount about science.”
To attend this taster day you must book a place. If you have any queries please contact Greg Elliott on 0113 343 1770 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will confirm your place by email or post before the event.