Actions and Detail Panel
SYLA Civil Day Conference
Mon 27 March 2017, 09:00 – 17:00 BST
The Scottish Young Lawyers' Association, in association with Scott + Co, is delighted to welcome you to our Civil Day Conference for 2017.
Now in its third year, the Civil Day Conference is aimed at practitioners working in civil litigation. Delegates will hear from leading speakers within the profession on the following topics:
- Sheriff Lindsay Foulis – Civil Court Practice
- Richard Pugh, Advocate – Advocacy Skills - Closing Submissions
- Alex Irvine, Scott + Co – Service and Diligence
- Janet Hood, Janet Hood Training and Consulting – Networking and Professional Communication
- Dominic Scullion, Solicitor Advocate, Anderson Strathern LLP – Health and Safety and Fatal Accident Inquiries
Thereafter, delegates will split into three streams, to attend tailored sessions on their specialist area of practice. The streams are as follows:
- Personal Injury, run by Clyde & Co;
- Commercial, run by Pinsent Masons LLP; and
- Family, run by Thorntons Law LLP.
The conference is kindly sponsored by Scott + Co and hosted at the Malmaison Dundee, we hope as many members as possible will join us for the day. Registration is from 9am and the conference starts at 9.30am with a welcome address from our Chair, William Cameron of Scott + Co. The day will close with a drinks reception and chance to network.
The cost is £60 per delegate (£45 for students) and may count for 6 hours' CPD. Bookings for the conference can be made here. For all enquiries, please email email@example.com.