Systemic Post-Graduate Research Conference
"Telling Systemic Stories through Research"
17th & 18th September 2015
The Postgraduate Centre, Luton Campus, University of Bedfordshire
This inaugural conference is jointly hosted by the two systemic Professional Doctorates at the Tavistock Clinic and University of Bedfordshire for the broader systemic practice communities. We are using the term systemic to include social constructionist, narrative, dialogical, appreciative and collaborative approaches.
Who is this conference aimed at?
Systemic and relationally sensitive reflexive practitioners and practitioner researchers from the systemic and relational fields of therapy, leadership, supervision, organisational consultancy, training, community development and activism.
Aims of the conference
- To share leading edge research and practice with the systemic communities.
- To showcase a range of methodological approaches to systemic research/inquiry.
- To offer conference presentation experience to practitioner-researchers.
- To facilitate a reflexive circulation and development of systemic ideas.
- To provide systemic researchers with conference presentation experience.
There will be a rich mix of papers, workshops and poster sessions covering a range of subjects. Presenters will be current and past postgraduate research students whose research is about or relevant to systemic practice. There will be a choice of presentations to attend in three streams
- Organisational, Leadership and Management Studies
- Therapy, Supervision and Community
- Training and Pedagogy
Presenters – no cost (book your place under Presenter).
All other attendees - £30 per day. £60 for both days.
CPD Certificates will be issued.
Supported by the Tavistock Clinic, the University of Bedfordshire and with the kind support of the David Campbell for Creative Initiatives in Systemic Practice.
When & Where
Professional Doctorate in Systemic Practice
The Professional Doctorate in Systemic Practice at the Univeristy of Bedfordshire hosts a range of conferences and symposia for the broader relationally reflexive and systemic practice communities within the UK, across Europe and beyond! Recent events include the
- Bedfordshire International Systemic Spring School -
- Systemic Practice and Autism Conference -
- Festschrift for Dr Peter Lang -
- A Day of Celebration for Professor John Shotter -
- The Systemic Postgraduate Research Conference -