This event will bring together key stakeholders from across the higher education sector to consider the role of universities in tackling climate change, following the ratification of the Paris Climate Agreement.
Speakers will be asked to consider:
- Actions that universities can take across learning and teaching, research, and operations
- Responsibility of universities to ‘lead by example’ and the impact they can have on policy and wider society
- Challenges the sector is likely to face
- Iain Patton, Chief Executive, Environmental Association of Universities and Colleges (EAUC)
- Dr Isla Myers-Smith, Chancellor’s Fellow, Global Change Research Group, School of GeoSciences
- Jamie Agombar, Head of Sustainability, National Union of Students (NUS)
- Mike Elm, Vice Chair, 2050 Group
The event is part of the Visions for Change Lecture series.