Do you have an idea for a product or service that will benefit the local community?
Apply now to win a £1000 cash prize to launch
The Take Action competition is a region wide competition open to the Highlands and Islands community. Come up with an idea for a product or service that will benefit the local area and apply now.
The winning entrant will receive an amazing prize of £1000 cash to help put their business idea into practice and a year's WeAreTheFuture membership!
To enter the Take Action competition, follow these simple steps:
1. Register for the competition in the 'Ticket Information' section of this page and answer the set questions.
2. Make sure you are able to attend the final in Oban on the 7th October if your entry is selected.
3. Adhere to the competition terms and conditions listed below.
Applications will close at 5:00pm on the 21st September. Four finalist will then be chosen to present at the Take Action Highland and Islands event in Oban on 7th October. Finalists will be required to deliver a 5-minute presentation and answer 5-minutes of questions. Our panel of judges will then choose one lucky winner who will receive our amazing prizes!
Join us for for a day of entrepreunurial speakers both local and national and don't miss out on the final round of our school and business idea competition.
Get your tickets now
If you have any questions regarding the Take Action Competition contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caledonian MacBrayne & WeAreTheFuture
Caledonian MacBrayne take pride in supporting the communities served by our ferries and are particularly pleased to be part of the Take Action event and competition, encouraging local people to come up with great ideas which could make a big difference in the areas where they live.
Tha e na adhbhar moit do Chaledonian Mac a’ Bhriuthainn gum bi sinn a’ toirt taic do na coimhearsnachdan air am bi ar n-aiseagan a’ frithealadh, agus tha sinn gu sònraichte toilichte taic a chur ris an tachartas agus ris an fharpais airson Take Action, a tha brosnachadh dhaoine gu h-ionadail gu bhith smaoineachadh air dòighean innleachdach gus diofar mòr a dhèanamh sna sgìrean far a bheil iad a’ fuireach.
WeAreTheFuture is a global entrepreneurship organisation, inspiring and connecting entrepreneurs across the globe, from Silicon Valley, across Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
We have had incredible support from our partners
Take Action Competition 2015
Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to the Take Action 2015 Competition ("Competition") being organised jointly by We Are…The Future! UK Limited a company incorporated under the Companies Acts (Registered Number SC443210) and having its Registered Office at 3 Lismore House, Chalton Road, Bridge of Allan FK9 4DX and Calmac Ferries Limited a company incorporated under the Companies Acts (Registered Number SC302282) and having its Registered Office at The Ferry Terminal, Gourock PA19 1QP(together the Organisers). By entering the Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Organisers reserve the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice on the occurrence of any event outside the Organisers’ reasonable control. Any changes will be posted within these terms and conditions.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
4. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be:
4.1. resident in the Highlands and Islands. You must be able to demonstrate that you are a resident of the Highlands and Islands if requested;
4.2. available to attend and present at the Take Action Highlands and Islands Event at the Oban Phoenix Cinema on 7 October 2015 (Event)
5. Groups can enter the Competition with up to a maximum of 4 people in any one group.
By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. The Organisers reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
6. If you are under 18, you hereby warrant and the Organisers assume that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition.
7. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
8. The Competition is free to enter.
Competition Initial Brief
9. The Initial Brief must be a written brief on your idea. The Initial Brief must:
9.1. explain your product or service;
9.2. explain how the product or service will benefit the Highlands and Islands community; and
9.3. include any requirements for implementation of your product or service.
10. Initial Briefs must be submitted on or before 21st September 2015 (Closing Date) through the Take Action Highlands and Islands Competition Eventbrite page. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
11. Only one entry per person or group (as the case may be) will be accepted.
12. Entrants will be notified if they have been shortlisted to present at the Event. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
13. Those entrants shortlisted under clause 12 shall be entitled to a free return ferry ticket from their home to Oban on the date of the Event courtesy of Calmac Ferries Limited, one of the Organisers.
14. The winner will be notified at the Event.
15. The Prize is £1000 cash which must be used towards putting the winning idea into practice and an invitiation for membership with WeAreTheFuture for 1 year. The total combined value of The Prize is £1350. The Prize is non–transferable. The Organisers will have progress check ups with the winner after 3 and 6 months.
16. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of the Organisers,
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
17. The Organisers do not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your entry. As such, you retain ownership and copyright, although the Organisers will be able to use Initial Briefs for future reference, you will also have the right to use your Initial Brief in any way you choose.
18. In consideration of the Organisers agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that the Organisers (and third parties authorised by the Organisers) may make any and all Initial Briefs available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant the Organisers (and third parties authorised by the Organisers) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the entry for such purposes.
19. The Organisers do not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any entry. The Organisers may, in appropriate circumstances, and at their sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
20. You hereby warrant that your entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, The Organisers reserve the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
21. The Organisers cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. The Organisers are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude the Organiser’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
22. The winner may be requested to take part in promotional activity and the Organisers reserve the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
23. Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by the Organisers for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist the Organisers to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
24. The Competition and Rules will be governed by Scots law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
© 2015 by WE ARE...THE FUTURE (UK) Limited.
Do you have questions about Take Action Highlands and Islands Community Competition?