UK Trade & Investment helps UK-based companies succeed globally and UKTI South West have partnered with the Afro Caribbean Chamber of Commerce and Enterprise (ACCCE) to deliver a Market Visit to South Africa.
**To take part in a UK Trade & Investment Trade Mission you must have a UK registered company**
The UK is one of South Africa’s most significant trading partners, with over £7 billion in two-way trade in goods and services. With a climate that is geared for growth and open for trade, South Africa is the ideal destination for the exporter who has an eye on building a global empire.
Why South Africa?
- A growing middle class
- Abundant natural resources
- Strong infrastructure with major capital injections
- A business culture that is not too dissimilar from that of the UK
- Species of buffalo, elephant, leopard, lion, giraffe and rhinoceros
- The gateway to other African markets
This Market Visit, run by International Trade Advisor Sandra Warne, is of special interest to businesses in advanced engineering, construction, rail, mining, chemicals, agri-technology, education and skills, healthcare, creative industries and many more.
Market Visit Itinerary
- 16th / 17th November Depart London /Bristol 17th November arrive Johannesburg transfer to hotel
- 18th November 09h00 Mission Briefing at UK Trade & Investment’s HQ A variety of presentations with GEDA, KPMG, TIKZN Rest of the day individual appointments Evening reception at Trade Commissioner’s residence
- 19th November – individual appointments
- 20th November – a.m. individual appointments p.m. internal flight to Cape Town
- 20th November transfer to V&A Waterfront hotel
- 21st November - Political Overview’ by the British Consul General/Deputy at the British Consulate Wesgro Presentation End of Mission Dinner
- 22nd November Individual meetings Evening flight from Cape Town to UK