Event Date: 13 December 2016
Talent Without Borders has fascinated me all of my professional life. People like Muhammed Ali, George Best, John McEnroe and Eric Cantana are all sporting icons. As famous for their mercurial behaviour as they were for their sporting genius. Each one very different from the other but all refusing to be limited by convention. What lessons can executives learn from the dressing room and are Boardrooms missing some of the best talent?
Does difference matter and if so what are you going to do about it? If difference doesn't matter why are we all getting so worked up about it?
Garth Crooks is a former professional football player who had a fine career playing for a number of top flight sides. These include sides such as Tottenham Hotspur, West Bromwich Albion, Stoke City, Manchester United and Charlton Athletic. As well as his on pitch antics, Garth was also proudly elected as the first ever black chairman of the Professional Footballers' Association union having been an active member of it all throughout his playing career. He relinquished the role at the same time as retiring from playing in 1990.
After leaving the game behind, Garth has become a prominent football pundit and commentator. Most often working on the BBC and Saturday shows like Football Focus, plus Final Score and as a stand in on Match of the Day, Garth Crooks truly offers a real and rare insight and does so with real honesty. Garth has also been chief reporter at things like the England camp at Euro 2000 and the 2002 World Cup, whilst during the late 1990s he was presenter of the political television show Despatch Box. For his long time dedication and services to the sport, Garth was honoured by the Queen with an OBE in the New Year’s Honours list. As such he is a great sporting star to have as brand ambassador, guess on a TV show, host on radio or to present an award at a sporting or charity function as well as to deliver after dinner speeches to a range of corporate, business or young audiences Garth Crooks.
For futher information on this event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get to BU: Directions, parking & maps
Please note that before placing an order, you will be asked to agree to Bournemouth University’s terms and conditions (see below). Please read these terms carefully and make sure you understand them before ordering any Products.
Bournemouth University’s Online Event Terms and Conditions
Rules of admission
• Where the event has a minimum age limit, we will be entitled to ask any attendee (who we believe may not meet that age limit) for proof of their age and to refuse entry if sufficient proof is not provided. Any age restrictions will be made clear to you as part of the event booking details before you book on to the event.
• Where the event is suitable for children they must be accompanied by an adult.
• Assistance dogs are welcome but other animals are not permitted at the event unless otherwise stated.
• We reserve the right to delay or refuse to admit latecomers.
• Please make us aware of any special requirements you have for the event as soon as possible so that we can look to put in place any reasonable adjustments required.
Rules of conduct
• follow all reasonable instructions given by our staff during the event;
• conduct yourself in a professional and courteous manner towards all other event attendees, organisers and presenters;
• not record images and/or sound at our event and ensure that mobile phones and other electronic devices are set to silent or switched off during the event, unless we confirm otherwise at the start;
• not behave in any way which might pose a risk to the safety of or cause annoyance or nuisance to other persons; and
• not smoke at the event.
When & Where
Throughout its life, BU has developed a strong reputation for offering a wide range of opportunities for undergraduate and postgraduate education, research and enterprise. Inspired by a clear vision for the future we continue to develop new initiatives and programmes, to realise the potential of staff and students alike.