Sunday, 31 August 2014 at 11:00 - Monday, 1 September 2014 at 10:00 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
#talenthack is a unique event for sourcers and developers, organised by the folks behind #tru and #HRTechTank. There are a few important things you need to know about #talenthack:
1) It is a charity event to support friend of recruiters and sourcers everywhere Marie Journey, who died suddenly leaving behind her son "Bear". All proceeds from this event will be donated to Bears graduation fund. Marie always wanted to help others, and went out of her way to do so. We want to return the favour in some small way.
2) The event is entirely collaborative. Sourcers will be working together and learning from each other. Developers will work together to build a not for profit product that will support a charity.
3) Sourcers can take part from anywhere in the world, developing and sharing leads with those at the event.
4) Tickets are priced by donation, give what you can.
5) The event is split in two halves. Part1 - 11.00 - 4.00 (GMT) is the sourcers challenge. The challenge is a real one, it's not a game. Participants will have 4 charity projects needing skills and volunteers to choose between and vote on. The challenge is to identify and source as many volunteers for the project as possible. There are no pretend scenarios, competing teams or presentations, it's all collaboration.
Part 2 is the developers challenge. Developers work collaboratively to build a tool, app or extension to support the sourcing and recruiting of volunteers for this and other projects. Same brief, no presentations. Developers will learn from each other in a collaborative way. The final product will be demonstrated at #HRTechTank on the 3rd September and at #trulondon on the 5th September.
Any charities with a project that they wish to be considered, mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please give generously and support our appeal!
When & Where