Talk like TED in a day!
A workshop structured around the iconic TED Talks, the gold standard for public speaking. Learn a step-by-step method to inspire and motivate your audience over the course of a day. Master the art of storytelling, learn to paint strong visual imagery and understand how to get your audience behind your ideas, no matter how audacious or complex they seem. A fun and challenging masterclass for those who need to shock, wow and captivate!
This workshop will help you:
- Understand what an audience needs from you
- Engage and inspire a team to perform
- Understand your personal style and how to utilise it
- Show passion in your delivery as well as clear insight to your subject
- Combat nerves, speak up and get your ideas heard
- Learn how to express yourself by standing out and impacting your audience
- Analyse the difference between communication that sticks, and information that gets forgotten
- Deliver a persuasive and memorable TED style presentation from a clear nine-step method
Ultimately, this workshop will provide you with a toolbox to deliver compelling and influential messages to the people you need to motivate.
Managers, graduates and team leaders have all benefited from this tried-and-tested programme.
This one-day workshop focuses on analysing performance techniques and developing presenting skills, for any face-to-face communication, whether you are presenting to a large group, a team meeting or just a one-on-one conversation. It is a challenging yet rewarding day which participants say is hugely enjoyable!
What’s it all about?
- Exercise: Audience reaction in three words…
- Introduction to the spoken word
- Understanding the needs of the listener
- The currency of ideas
- Outlining your intention
Finding the story in complex content
- Motivating activity
- Analysing memorable messages
- How do you add value to your content?
- Exercise: The Six Principles of Sticky Ideas (Dan and Chip Heath)
- How do you teach something new?
Delivering jaw-dropping moments
- Systematic creativity
– Deliver an emotionally charged experience
– How to effectively use statistics and data
– Tactics that get results
- The ‘urban legends’ concept – what makes stories unforgettable? How elements of the unexpected take content from ordinary to extraordinary.
– The Toolbox: Hands, Volume, Pausing, Eye Contact, Expression
– Energy levels. What percentage are you at?
– What type of communicator are you?
– Which TED speakers are the most inspirational?
- How to answer difficult questions
- Identifying challenging situations
- Controlling nervous energy
Making it personal
- Creating impact
– Lighten up!!
– Analogies and metaphors
– Keeping it simple
– Pictures and props
- Make an emotional investment
- Exercise: Personal anecdotes and memories
- The 9 steps to a TED Talk, including:
– Find the emotion
– Is it novel?
– Make it memorable
- Exercise: Identify specific actions to enhance your presentation style
- Exercise: Personal action planning
When & Where
Please feel free to contact me on 01582 714280 or email@example.com