A bereavement workshop that aims to help professionals support children and young people with loss, death and grief
The session will provide a depth of understanding of the needs of bereaved children and young people and the skills and resources required to provide appropriate care.
- gain understanding of a child’s perception of death
- gain an understanding of the theory of loss and mourning in relation to children and young people
- identify an awareness of our own needs as professional carers and explore ways to support ourselves and our colleagues
- recognise the diverse needs of bereaved children and young people, and the importance of advocacy
- gain information about SeeSaw, and other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend? This day is for all professionals who come into contact with bereaved children and young people in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector.