San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- The Initial contact: inbound enquiry or outbound solicitation?
- Researching the opportunity and deciding whether to proceed
- Methodical analysis: sectors, people, competition, budget, visibility
- Criteria for proceeding: the Golden Triangle of good work, fun, and cash
- The value of thorough preparation:what’s involved?
- Warming up the prospect: a proper contact strategy, enthusiasm, questions, not over-pestering, getting the balance right
- Getting the tone right: overclaim, overpestering, and sycophancy v. calmness and maturity
- The team: casting, marking, depth, viability, who to field and when
- Credentials: how interesting are they? Delivery before the day
- The Presentation: the ideal pitch (this is a tried and tested structure)
- Client retention & growth: you've won! Now what? How to generate ideas that keep your clients happy and coming back
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
The Art of New Business
The Art of New Business is a collaborative network of like-minded individuals set up by Karla Morales-Lee and Sarah Bradley. Our focus is on finding new ways of winning business, and giving support and advice to each other. We run events in London and Manchester for new business executives, managers and directors working in the creative sector. For each event we select speakers who can inspire our network to think differently about what they do and how to do it. We want to lead the search for ‘a better way’. That means better people, better processes, better tools and better results. Bringing in new business for your agency can often be a lonely, high pressured job, so this network has been set up to support and inspire those of you facing daily pressure to bring in new business, often in silo from the rest of their organisation.