வணக்கம் Vanakkam Friends,
If you are a university student thinking about your future career, we have the perfect event aimed at bringing together professionals and recruiters to help you figure out how to take the next steps. It gives us great pleasure to invite you to this year's Graduate Careers Evening, in conjunction with our friends at the LSE Tamil Society on the evening of Thursday, 27 October.
This event is not exclusively aimed at university students, but also more broadly at young professionals who are thinking about career progression, moving jobs, and how to better position themselves for success.
18:30-19:00 – How to build your résumé
• CV writing skills and tips, what to say and what not to say
19:00-19:30 – HR talk from BNP Paribas graduate recruiter
• Overview of the graduate process from HR perspective discussing:
• background preparation needed for an interview
• succeeding in one on one interviews
• succeeding in group interview exercises
19:30-19:45 – Talks from a sample of professionals
• CEO and Co-Founder at WealthKernel (previously Investment Manager at Barclays Wealth)
• Partner at French Law Firm FTPA
• Exhibition Content Developer at Science Museum
• Head of Macro FX/Institutional Restructuring at HSBC
19:45-21:00 – Industry-specific breakout sessions
• Professionals talk about a day in a life of their role and give tailored career advice to attendees. This is an opportunity for attendees to network with professionals in specific industries of their interest.
• Actuary (KPMG)
• Audit (PwC)
• Business & Finance Services Law (FTPA)
• Chemical Engineering (MedImmune)
• Civil Engineering (Waterman)
• Consulting (IBM)
• Cultural Arts (Science Museum)
• Entrepreneurship (WealthKernel, GoHustle)
• Financial Services Litigation Law (Eversheds)
• Financial Services Markets (Ernst & Young)
• HR (BNP Paribas)
• Investment Management (Schroders)
• Investment Banking & Hedge Funds (HSBC)
• Investment Strategy (Citi Private Bank)
• Marketing & Analytics (m/Six)
• Property Law (Srikanth & Co.)
• Retail Banking
• Risk (Nomura)
• Software Engineering (Reuters, Channel 5)
• Trading (AGD Market Making)
21:00-22:00 – Networking
This is an opportunity for you to ask our professionals all your burning questions, in person, one-to-one. Refreshments will be served.
Space is limited at LSE so please RSVP to guarantee your place. If you are attending you can make the most out of this event by bringing your CV for critical review. Additionally if you'd like to see any other industries on the list drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to facilitate.
Thursday, 27 October 2016
Clement House Room 7.02
London School of Economics
Holborn (Piccadilly / Central)
Temple (Circle / District)
We look forward to meeting you on Thursday 27 October 2016.
If you are a professional and you would like to contribute to this event or know any others who would be interested, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
Date and Time
Clement House Room 7.02, London School of Economics and Political Science