Sorry - we cannot accept any more applications
- Weekly Friday evening classes in Air Rifle for ages 10 to 17 running alongside the school term
- Skills training for the Duke of Edinburgh Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards
- Participation in County and National Competitions for those who wish to shoot competitively
- A very friendly and supportive environment for those who shoot just for fun
- Use of the Air Range at Bookham Rifle Club, one of the best target shooting clubs in the country
- Use of the School's high quality air rifles and air pistols.
- Targets and pellets are supplied. The school covers competition entry fees. There are no additional costs
Each two hour session starts with a fun warm-up and then moves on to theory and practical exercises, ending with mildly competitive target shooting. There is a maximum of 2 shooters to each air rifle or air pistol and all students are fully engaged at all times. All students satisfactorily completing the course will receive a Youth Proficiency Certificate in Air Rifle Target Shooting.
'Marksmanship' falls under the Duke of Edinburgh Awards Skills category. The School covers the required syllabus for the Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards.
The fees for the 12 week term are £240.00. A payment of £50.00 is required with application, covering administration and the first two sessions. If, at the end of the second session, a student does not wish to continue then no more is payable. If they continue the balance of £190.00 is payable. If no place is available the student will be placed on a waiting list and the payment of £50.00 refunded on request. Students joining after term has started will receive a discount for the session(s) missed.