Join Jill Bulgan for an inspirational workshop learning the basics of making a patchwork quilt. You will be guided through the process from designing your basic colour / pattern blocks, stitching the pieces together, adding your wadding / backing and edging the quilt.
By the end of the day you will leave with a stitched together baby quilt (cot size) with enough instruction to finish off the hand quilting stitching at home (this is a lovely slow, meditative process)
If you'd like to bring along some special fabrics or old clothes (parents - some of your children's items) of your own you are welcome to. The workshop will involve using a sewing machine. Basic experience advised but new stitchers are welcome. If you've never used a machine before we do offer a 'Provisional Driving' - introduction to using a sewing machine.
On completion of the workshop, participants will confidently be able to:
- Understand how to source and sample suitable fabrics for patchworking
- Design a personalised patchwork pattern
- How to prepare and cut the fabric pieces
- Use a sewing machine to sew simple shapes together to build up your fabric
- Press out the seams to avoid puckering / distortion
- Add a backing fabric, build up your 'sandwich'
- Use finishing techniques for a professional finish
- Transform your patchwork into a lovely baby quilt!
Includes fabrics (but you are welcome to bring your own) battoning/wadding, threads and use of equipement.
For more information on Fabrications and our classes, please visit our Website
Booking Terms & Conditions