Actions and Detail Panel
Taste of Tooting Veggie Tour for Earth Day
Sat 22 April 2017, 14:00 – 17:00 BST
A tour of Tooting’s independent grocery shops and veggie eateries. Meet shop keepers, restaurant owners and food producers whilst tasting the flavours that make Tooting so culturally diverse and exciting.
Each tour is different but stops may include:
- Shiv Darshan – Gujurati snack shop selling pure vegetarian sweets and snacks
- Pooja’s – one of the most popular South Asian vegetarian snack shops in London
- Bhavin’s – one of the oldest grocery shops in Tooting with a wide selection of strange and wonderful vegetables from around the world
- Sunshine Foods - Caribbean fruit and veg stall
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetables - Sri Lankan fruit and veg stall
- Get Juiced – a very creative vegan stall in the market
- Tooting Community Garden – a local community garden growing vegetables that reflect the cultural diversity of Tooting’s residents
Information about meeting points will be sent to attendees a week before the tour. Remember to bring a healthy appetite, as food is included in the price of the tour!
£5 of the cost of the ticket price will go to Tooting Community Garden
Visit https://tasteoftootingtours.com for more information about the tour