San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
By the end of the course, delegates will have a good understanding of:
- investing or trading - why does it matter for tax and accounting purposes?
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- loss relief issues and how a tax loss can be offset
- the Construction Industry Deduction Scheme (the CIS)
- Capital allowances (CAs)
- VAT, basic VAT principles and vocabulary
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT), basic SDLT principles and SDTL reliefs
Who is it for?For people who wish to understand how the two sets of rules in construction and property taxation operate in practice.
Terms and conditions
If a course is cancelled by CIOB, delegate fees will be refunded in full. Delegate cancellation terms are as follows:
Up to 90 days’ notice – 100% refund will be made
89-60 days’ notice – 50% refund will be made
59-30 days’ notice – 25% refund will be made
29 days’ notice or fewer – no refund will be made
All requests for refunds must be received by CIOB in writing. Substitutions can be made at any time. Transfers to a different course can be made if notice is given to CIOB at least one month from the date of the course booked.
The CIOB reserves the right to alter the arrangements as described due to unforeseen circumstances.
The CIOB does not warrant the content of the courses offered by third parties. All bookings with training organisations other than CIOB will be made directly with those organisations and their terms and conditions will apply.
Views and opinions offered by trainers are their own and do not necessarily reflect the guidance or opinions of CIOB or its trustees.