Join us for the 10th Tayside Wildlife Recorders' Day to find out what's happening across Tayside (and beyond). If you are interested in any aspect of local wildlife, you are very welcome to come along to this FREE event - you don't need to be a local recorder!
As ever, there will be a mix of short talks and opportunities to get involved - this year we look forward to finding out more about
* the BeeWalk, a simple bumblebee survey being run by the Bumblebee Conservation Trust,
* the work of the Marine Conservation Society in Scotland (especially the Beach Cleans),
* get an update on Operation Badger (how we can help prevent crime) and
* the projects and volunteer opportunties from the Angus Alive Ranger Service.
* NESBReC (North East Scotland Biological Record Centre) will update us on what's happening in its area and
* we will find out more about OPAL's recent achievements - from its Polli:nation Survey to the help it needs locally with its New Zealand Flatworm Survey.
We will also have a quickfire session to find out more about
* the MarineLife Cetacean Survey (dolphins and whales)
* Moths and Butterflies
* Red Squirrels
* Birds in Tayside
*the Kidney Vetch Survey (for the Small Blue Butterfly Project)
* ....and more.... still to be confirmed.
A full programme will be available, in due course, to downloaded from www.taysidebiodiversity.co.uk.