San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
TCeurope Colloquium 2017
Friday 7 April 2017 Helsinki, Finland
Technical Communication at a Crossroads: New tools, career paths and changes
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Joyce Karreman
Call for Papers
The Colloquium theme is Technical Communication at a Crossroads. In many ways, the technical communication
field is at a crossroads, facing new requirements and asking questions about reinventing and surviving. The issues range from career paths and competencies to user engagement and documentation technologies and
We are inviting presentations on topics such as:
- Technical communication professionals today: work roles and profiles, challenges, competencies and career paths
- Technologies and methodologies impacting technical communication
- Designing for user experience: possibilities and opportunities
- New delivery channels and information outputs
If you are interested in speaking at the Colloquium, please use this Google form to submit a proposal by no later than 31 December 2016. We will get back to you before 1 February 2017. Accepted proposals will be posted on the web prior to the Colloquium. Final presentations must be delivered to the Colloquium cloud storage by 31 March 2017 and they will be made available on the web after the Colloquium. We hope to record presentations.
We ask you to forward this Call for Papers to others who might be interested in presenting at the Colloquium.
Information on registration, accommodation and other practicalities will be posted on the web later.
- The Colloquium is a full one-day event.
- Attendance is free for all participants.
- All plenary presentations will be limited to 30 minutes.
- All sessions are to be presented in TCeurope’s working language: English.
- Closing date for speaker proposals: 31 December 2016.
- The speakers' committee will confirm whether or not your proposal has been accepted
- on or before 1 February 2017. You may be invited to attend one or more virtual meetings to
- discuss your proposal in more detail with one or more members of the speakers' committee.
- If your proposal is accepted, you will be asked to submit a final draft of your presentation
- materials no later than 31 March 2017.
The Braille conference room at Näkövammaisten liittory facility in Helsinki, Finland (Marjaniementie 74)
We are aiming to attract approx. 100 technical communicators from Finland and the other Nordic countries, France, Benelux, Portugal, the United Kingdom and across Europe. Audience members will span the range from just starting to very experienced.
This event is organized by TCeurope and STVY - Finnish Technical Communications Society.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Few Options for Accommodation:
IIRIS also provides accommodation. If you want to minimize your travel time, you can also overnight under the same roof. Unfortunately, IIRIS gives very little information in English. But here you can see the picture of a typical room there: http://www.nkl.fi/fi/etusivu/iiris/majoitus.
All rooms are provided with a bathroom, fridge, radio and wireless internet connection. Some rooms can be arranged as family rooms with an extra dividing wall. Extra beds and beds for babies available.
You can also find there a common lounge area, TV, and a small kitchen, and also a washing machine is available.
Currect prices (= 6.11.2016, inc. VAT):
Single room 75€ /night Double room: 94 €/night.
Hotel Arthur is also in the city center, close to Kaisaniemi metro station.
The Scandic Hotel at Simonkenttä is in the city center, right next to the shopping center and metro station.
The Scandic Marski is also in the city center.
Save This Event
When & Where
TCeurope is a European society bringing together six technical communication societies, and it accounts for the diversity of its members in the national societies. Our role is to represent the voice of European technical communication professionals. We are non-profit, and we are independent from companies or commercial products.