TCF Training - Major Donor Fundraising
Thursday, 30 April 2015 from 09:30 to 16:30 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Major Donor fundraising
This course will benefit those with a responsibility for major donor fundraising, as well as senior development professionals, chief executives and trustees who are looking to set up a major donor programme in their small charity.
Major Donor fundraising is the fastest growing area of new income for charities in the UK and internationally. Major Donor fundraising is all about building and nurturing relationships with individuals, so that they want to invest in your organisation and the outcomes that you achieve.
Participants will be introduced to an eight-step process in identifying and securing major individual donors:
Identify – Research – Plan – Engage – Ask – Close – Thank – Steward.
The course is intended to provide an overview of major donor fundraising and provide participants with the tools to start a major donor programme in their small charity.
Following this course participants will be able to:
- Identify potential donors both within and outside their current networks.
- Use a range of tools and forms to support donor research in their own organisations, taking into account resource, ethical and legal considerations.
- Develop a donor solicitation plan and prioritise prospects.
- Engage potential major donors to develop their interest in the charity’s work.
- Describe the process of closing, including negotiation and agreement.
- Be aware of the importance of thanking and stewardship.
This one day course will be held at the Clare Charity Centre, Wycombe Road, Saunderton, Buckinghamshire. The workshop will start at 9.30am and run through to 4.30pm with breaks for tea/coffee and lunch.
When & Where
The Clare Foundation
The Clare Foundation, a charity helping other charities become more effective and efficient. We take established commercial methods, business expertise and entrepreneurialism to the voluntary sector through training, mentoring, sharing best practice and networking at our "Charity Centre" in Buckinghamshire.