Actions and Detail Panel
TDT Practitioner Course: Lesson Study (Sheffield)
Thu, 9 Nov 2017, 09:30 – Thu, 14 Jun 2018, 15:30 GMT
After a highly successful pilot year, the Teacher Development Trust is delighted to be re-launching the professionally recognised teacher enquiry course on Lesson Study for 2017-18. The course has been co-developed with Sheffield Hallam University and will grant participants a practitioner status in this area. Lesson Study will run throughout the academic year over three day-long workshops and will introduce participants to the concept of Lesson Study, an increasingly popular Japanese model of collaborative enquiry. Read more at tdtrust.org/lessonstudy, or in this blog post written by course co-ordinator, Jessica Brosnan.
The provisional dates for the Sheffield course are as follows:
- Tuesday 9th November 2017 from 9:30 to 15:30 (GMT)
- Tuesday 11th January 2018 from 9:30 to 15:30 (GMT)
- Tuesday 14th June 2018 from 9:30 to 15:30 (GMT)
Please note that the same course will also be running in London - to view, please click here.
This programme will support participants by:
- Placing Lesson Study in the context of wider professional development
- Providing the latest evidence on professional development
- Giving an overview of the principles of Lesson Study
- Providing practical resources and tools to implement Lesson Study
- Highlighting research access available for wider staff
- Structuring and modelling example enquiry questions
- Designing measures to help evaluate
Participants will create a portfolio across the year that captures their experience of implementing a Lesson Study enquiry within their school, for submission of the award of TDT Lesson Study Practitioner. These portfolios will be jointly assessed and moderated by the Teacher Development Trust and Sheffield Hallam University. Please note that this does not include any Masters credits.
Ticket cost includes all three workshops. If requesting an invoice for the ticket fee at checkout, please ensure you list the relevant finance contact details, including organisation address. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 02072508276 with any further questions, or tweet us @TeacherDevTrust