Actions and Detail Panel
Tea Blending Course - 2 full days
Wed, 13 Sep 2017, 09:30 – Thu, 14 Sep 2017, 17:30 BST
This 2 day course will be held in partnership with Blends for Friends, at their new facility in Sevenoaks, Kent. The tutor is Alex Probyn.
13th September 9.30am - 5.30pm
14th September 9.30am - 5.30pm
The price includes local transport from/to your accommodation site and/or station to/from the course venue, lunch, snacks and (of course) tea.
Please note, as Blend For Friends is now at a brand new, just built facility, it may not come up on sat nav or google maps as the address has only just been created.
THE COURSE WILL COVER:
- Basic food hygiene
- Tour of the working tea blending factory
- Planning your premises for retail / for catering / for online and wholesale
- What you need to get started; tools and equipment requirements
- Blending black teas; English Breakfast - creating a 'classic'. CTCs versus Orthodox
- Blending white, green and oolong teas
- Blending oils and flavours; artificial and natural; Creating the perfect Earl Grey
- Blending fruit and herbal infusions; flowers, seeds, fruits, roots and leaves
- Blend percentages; dos and don'ts
- Blending for how the drinker will drink it; different demographics, countries, water quality, adding milk
- Sourcing the right ingredients; the law, methods of sourcing, ingredients checking and batch control
- Creating the perfect blend portfolio; the right mix, blend costings, saving blend recipes and creating product specifications
- Free blending time; creating selection of own recipes