Teach Computing GCSE
Aims: This event is to support teachers with the teaching of GCSE Computer Science in their schools. It will provide teachers with a range of strategies to ensure success teaching the GCSE and opportunities to network with teachers from their local area.
9:30 Welcome. Tea & Coffee. Group Discussion Activities.
10:00 Classroom Based Activity:
- Identifying the challenges teaching GCSE Computer Science
- Solutions to support teaching GCSE Computer Science theory
- Strategies to prepare pupils for controlled assessments/NEA
- Supporting students with problem solving and programming
- Strategies that reduce the workload and stress on teachers new to the subject.
- Assessment, reporting and recording progress
- Support future development of Computing in your school
Emphasis will be placed on proven teaching and learning strategies rather than providing teachers with solutions to the NEAs. The course will be delivered by Alan O'Donohoe, an award winning teacher of GCSE Computing and teacher trainer.