Teach Computing GCSE Computer Science (Theory)
Aims: This event is to support teachers with the teaching of theory for GCSE Computer Science in their schools. It will provide teachers with some tried & tested strategies opportunities to support their students learning.
12:00 Welcome. Tea & Coffee. Group Discussion Activities.
12:30 Classroom Based Activity:
- Challenges keeping lessons engaging for all learners
- Teaching the theory for the examined part of GCSE Computer Science
- Assessing, Tracking, Monitoring Progress & Intervention
- Preparing classes for examinations in GCSE Computer Science
Please note - There are two other related CPD sessions at the same venue that may be of interest:
- Mon 14th Nov 9.30am - 3.30pm [details here] to support non-specialists teaching Computing in Key Stage 3, this course will include an introduction to Python and a Scheme of Work suitable for KS3. (£80 including lunch)
- Tues 15th Nov 9am - 12.30pm [details here] to support teaching for the Non-Examined Assessment (NEA) components of GCSE Computer Science including problem solving and programming, 20% of terminal assessment. (£0 - £35+vat)