This hands-on workshop, run by the MEI Casio Programme, is aimed at secondary school maths teachers who wish teach using graphic calculators. You will become confident in using the Casio CG20, FX9860GII or FX9750GII graphic calculators to teach.
Overview of possible resources (graphic calculators/software):
- Intro of the MEI Casio programme and intro to the Casio graphic calculator range
- Intro to basic graphing
- Using the Modify, and Statistics functions
- Using the calculator in solving equations
The Casio CG20 graphic calculator will be used. No prior knowledge of the calculator is required.
The course will be run by the following teachers:
- Mr J Davis (St Olave's School)
- Mr T Cope (Sutton Valance School)
- Ms K Klus (Rochester Grammar School)
Booking is limited to 25 places. Calculators will be provided.