Actions and Detail Panel
Teacher and careers adviser conference (Lancaster Medical School)
Fri 9 June 2017, 09:30 – 15:30 BST
This free one-day interactive A Journey to Medicine conference is designed to help teachers and career advisers who support students in their pathway towards higher education. The conference is being jointly organised by the Universities of Birmingham, Lancaster and Liverpool, in association with the Medical Schools Council and will give an excellent overall perspective on the medical admissions process.
The conference there provide you with:
- Information and guidance about every stage of the medical school admissions process (including interviews and tests) giving you a unique insight;
- Advice and useful resources to help you support your students to fulfil their aspirations and progress through the application process;
- Q & A panel with experts from a variety of Universities to ensure your questions are answered;
- Interactive workshops to help you: explore the values and attributes required by medical students and doctors: to find out about how Universities are supporting diversity in medicine; support your students in their preparation for admissions tests and interviews
- Information stands and members of staff from a wide variety of Universities and other agencies (e.g. admission tests) will be available to answer your questions
The travel expenses of delegates will be covered by the Medical Schools Council.