Actions and Detail Panel
Teacher and careers adviser conference (Leicester and Nottingham medical sc...
Thu 29 June 2017, 09:15 – 15:45 BST
This free one-day interactive A Journey to Medicine and Healthcare conference is designed for teachers and career advisers from schools and colleges who do not send many students to university to study medicine, nursing or allied health professions, and/or are serving communities with high levels of disadvantage.
The conference is being jointly organised by the University of Leicester and the University of Nottingham in association with the Medical Schools Council and North Kesteven School.
The conference will provide an opportunity for delegates to meet with staff from medicine and healthcare courses at universities from across the East Midlands. The programme includes in-depth sessions from medicine, nursing and other allied health professions.
The conference will provide you with:
- Information and guidance about every stage of the admissions processes for medicine, nursing and allied health professions (including interviews and tests) giving you a unique insight
- Advice and useful resources to help you support your students to fulfil their aspirations and progress through the application process
- Q & A panel with experts from a variety of universities to ensure your questions are answered
- Interactive workshops to help you: explore the values and attributes required by students in medicine and healthcare; find out about how universities are supporting diversity in medicine; and support your students in their preparation for admissions tests and interviews
- Information stands and members of staff from a wide variety of universities and other agencies will be available to answer your questions