Calculating with fractions
This specialist course will help you to understand how to help students to be able to develop a deep understanding of how to calculate with fractions, and how you can effectively introduce the core techniques involved.
Areas covered include:
- Finding a fraction of an amount.
- Adding and subtracting like, related and unrelated fractions.
- Adding and subtracting with proper fractions, improper fractions, mixed numbers and integers.
- Multiplying fractions by integers.
- Multiplying fractions by fractions.
- Dividing integers by fractions.
- Dividing fractions by integers.
- Dividing fractions by fractions.
This course is suitable for the following:
- Lower KS2
- Upper KS2