A hands-on, practical full day session to ensure you can master place value. You will explore key techniques and topics including:
- Discovering number through concrete materials.
- Introducing key vocabulary.
- Using ten frames to make 1 and 2 digit numbers.
- Using concrete and pictorial methods to represent 1 and 2 digit numbers.
- Introducing place value columns, including decimals.
- Rounding whole and decimal numbers.
- Multiplying and dividing by 10, 100 and 1000
- Introducing negative numbers.
This course is suitable for the following:
- Early Years
- Lower KS2
- Upper KS2