Actions and Detail Panel
Teacher Subject Specialism: Understanding Fractions
Mon 30 January 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 GMT
In response to demand from schools, we have introduced a specific understanding fractions course. When introduced effectively, students can enjoy the topic of fractions. This course is designed to ensure that delegates can understand how this topic should be introduced.
Areas covered include:
- Concrete and pictorial representations for fractions.
- Understanding fractions as parts of a whole.
- Understanding fractions as divisions.
- Understanding fractions as numbers on a number line.
- Equivalent fractions and simplifying fractions.
- Comparing fractions.
- Converting between mixed numbers and improper fractions.
This course is suitable for the following:
- Lower KS2
- Upper KS2