Teaching Assistants: Maximizing Your Impact
When: 29th March, 9-12pm from 8.30 for refreshments
Where: Oldham Events Centre, SportsDirect.com Park, off, Hilbre Ave, Royton, Oldham OL2 5BL
Trainer: Katharine Saunders
Target audience: teaching assistants
This course focuses on practical strategies to help teaching assistants maximize their impact on pupils’ learning.
The training will address the following:
• Exploration of key teaching strategies that can be employed in any session to secure deeper learning and strengthen pupil autonomy;
• Developing questioning skills; encouraging pupil questioning; developing language for learning;
• Teaching reading comprehension skills in the guided reading session;
• Developing mathematical reasoning.
The benefits of attending this course:
• Improved subject knowledge: skills that expert readers use and how to teach these; how to develop mathematical reasoning;
• Improved understanding of how to deepen challenge and strengthen autonomy;
• Practical strategies and resource pack to use immediately in the classroom.
*All participants who can bring a laptop or tablet will receive an electronic folder containing course materials at the start.