TEACHING GRAMMAR EFFECTIVELY IN KEY STAGE 1
When: 28th March, 1pm - 3pm
Where: Oldham Events Centre, SportsDirect.com Park, off, Hilbre Ave, Royton, Oldham OL2 5BL
Trainer: Katharine Saunders
Target audience: teachers and teaching assistants in KS1
This course focuses on the effective teaching of grammar in context to support pupils’ writing and deepen their understanding of how language works.
The training will address the following:
• A rationale for teaching grammar at KS1; National Curriculum requirements; discussion about aspects of grammar to strengthen subject knowledge
• Exploring a teaching sequence to facilitate the teaching of grammar in context;
• Practical examples and ideas to teach aspects of KS1 grammar and punctuation in an engaging way;
• Suggestions of games/activities to confirm learning.
The benefits of attending this course:
• Improved subject knowledge;
• Practical approaches to apply immediately in class that help children gain knowledge of grammar in context
• An electronic folder containing a copy of the slide set and any resources/supporting documents used.
*All participants who can bring a laptop or tablet will receive the electronic folder containing course materials at the start of the course.