Y1 and Y2 teachers and teaching assistants
Alison Bailey, Pathfinder consultant trainer
The expectation by the end of Y1 is that children will be secure at Phonics Phase 5 or above in decoding and spelling, and decoding fluently and spelling many words automatically by the end of Y2.
This day course (lunch provided) is for teachers and teaching assistants teaching phonics Phases 2-5 (and into 6).
The session will include:
- phonics subject knowledge
- an overview of progression in phonics and national expectations
- recommended core teaching activities and resources
- planning for a lesson and a teaching sequence
- ways to promote application of phonics into reading and spelling
If you have a copy of Letters and Sounds, please bring it with you.
This course includes lunch and refreshments.
There is plenty of parking at the school.