Actions and Detail Panel
Teaching Reading Comprehension (Stockton-on-Tees)
Thu 29 June 2017, 09:30 – 16:00 BST
A professional development course providing practical support in establishing a whole-school approach to teaching comprehension.
Illustrated with a variety of text types, genres and examples from the Project X series, this course will support you to:
- Understand why children struggle with comprehension, and what really makes a good comprehender
- Identify the key comprehension strategies - and how to teach them!
- Embed these strategies through high-quality guided reading
- Tailor your approach for children's differing needs
- Assess comprehension reliably and effectively
- Plan for progress in your school
Who should attend?
- Literacy Coordinators
- Classroom teachers
- Higher level TAs
The cost is £199 per delegate. An overall discount of £50 is offered if two delegates from the same school attend, and an overall discount of £99 is offered if three delegates from the same school attend.
Travel and Parking
There is free parking at the venue. Please see the map for directions.
Tea and coffee will be available upon arrival. There will be a morning and afternoon coffee break, and a buffet lunch with vegetarian options. Please get in touch if you have any special dietary requirements.
Cancellation can be made up to four weeks before the event by contacting us directly at email@example.com. Any delegate cancellation after this time is non-refundable.