Actions and Detail Panel
Teaching without a TA (Independent learning in the Primary Classroom)
Wed 24 May 2017, 09:30 – 12:00 BST
- Differentiation through challenge
- Activating children as independent learners, making them responsible for their own learning
- Encouraging pupils to be supportive peer learners.
- Well tuned formative assessment and empowered learners.
- Explore the some good practice strategies in encouraging independent learning in the primary classroom
- Link this to a mastery approach to the curriculum
- Look outside the traditional 3 parts to a lesson
- Really explore "progress from starting points" within a lesson - how does it help the solo teacher to know exactly what those are?