Actions and Detail Panel
Tech London Advocates: Investor Showcase
Thu 11 May 2017, 14:00 – 18:30 BST
Our biggest event yet celebrates the venture capitalists, unicorn founders and world-leading entrepreneurs and funders, all driving the continued success of London's technology sector.
Amidst geo-political turbulence, market uncertainty and an emerging new world order of global economic powerhouses, London's place in the global investor community could be called into question.
If you're an angel, VC or founder of a fast-growth tech firm, you should have questions about the future. The Tech London Advocates Investor Showcase will be a good way to provide some answers and insights.
The most senior investors from Europe, the US and Asia will discuss the shifting tectonic plates of London and UK tech. This is your chance to hear from the individuals whose decisions will dictate the success of our industry.
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Aberdeen Asset Management, Julie Chakraverty, Senior Independent Director and Founder of Rungway
- Amadeus Capital, Anne Glover, Chief Executive
- Aviva Ventures, Ben Luckett, Managing Director
- Balderton Capital, Anna Boffetta, Associate
- Beringea, Karen McCormick, Chief Investment Officer
- BGF Ventures, Simon Calver, Partner
- Blippar, Danny Lopez, COO
- China Science & Merchants Investment Management Group, Dania Zhou, Senior Managing Director
- Cocoon Networks, John Zai, Founder & Chief Executive
- Credit Suisse, Philippe Cerf, Managing Director
- Department for International Trade, Aekta Patel, Head of Venture Capital Unit
- GP Bullhound, Manish Madhvani, Co-founder & Managing Partner
- Former Special Advisor to the Prime Minister, Daniel Korski
- Funding London, Maggie Rodriguez-Piza, Chief Executive
- Here East. Gavin Poole, CEO
- Just Eat, John Hughes, Chairman
- King’s College London, Professor Mischa Dohler, Chair Professor and Director, Centre for Telecom Research
- L1 Technology Fund, Alexey Reznikovich, Chief Executive
- LocalGlobe, Saul Klein, Founder
- Metail, Tom Adeyoola, Co-founder
- NotOnTheHighStreet.com, Simon Belsham, CEO
- Octopus Investments, Debu Purkayastha, Entrepreneur-in-Residence and TLA Advisory Board
- Passion Capital, Eileen Burbidge, Partner
- Rare Seed Capital, Paris Petgrave, Managing Partners
- RocketSpace, Priya Guha, Ecosystem General Manager
- Seedrs, Jeff Lynn, Co-Founder
- SyndicateRoom, Gonçalo de Vasconcelos, Founder & Chief Executive
- Tech London Advocates, Russ Shaw, Founder
- techUK, Jacqueline de Rojas, President
- UK Business Angels Association, Jenny Tooth, Chief Executive
Given the calibre of our speakers, scale of the event and not-for-profit ethos behind this event, we are asking all attendees to pay a small ticket fee to minimise the number of ‘no-shows’ as we believe we will be at maximum capacity on the day.