San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
John Barker is a Director of AECOM's Transportation Group. Since 2009, John has worked on the Crossrail Programme as a senior member of Crossrail's (CRL's) Engineeering Management Team. John is AECOM's lead Director for the Transcend JV (comprised of AECOM, CH2M Hill and The Nichols Group) which serves as Programme Partner to CRL providing support to the CRL integrated management team in a range of client functions.
John is currently Manager of Engineering within the CRL Engineering Group with functional responsibility for engineering management across a range of contracts for tunnels, portals, shafts and stations in the central area of London.
This presentation will provide an update on the delivery of the Crossrail Programme and will offer an insight into some of the challenges faced by the design and engineering teams.
When & Where
Engineers Australia - UK Chapter
Engineers Australia is the peak Australian forum for the advancement of engineering and the professional development of our members. Our members enjoy a wide range of benefits:
- Continuing professional development and career services
- Technical information and resources
- Networking events
- International mobility and recognition
The UK Chapter's role is to further the involvement of Australian Engineers in the profession while they are based in the United Kingdom, by:
- Providing CPD opportunities such as technical talks and site visits;
- Providing networking events with other Australian (and New Zealand) Engineers; and
- Assisting with the Getting Chartered process for members.