TEDxStPeterPort - Future Guernsey
Over the last three years, TEDxStPeterPort has asked the question ‘how do we make Guernsey the best place to live on Earth.’
Now it’s time for TEDxStPeterPort to ask a new question.
How can our community contribute to the Future Guernsey plan and help to turn that vision into a reality?
The government’s Future Guernsey plan, which was launched last year, sets out a vision to make our island one of the happiest and healthiest places in the world.
TEDxStPeterPort returns for its fourth year and the day of short, impactful talks will inspire, educate and ignite ideas around the four themes of Future Guernsey:
- Our economy
- Our quality of life
- Our community
- Our place in the world
The TEDx program is designed to help communities, organisations and individuals to spark conversation and connections around the simple idea of ‘ideas worth spreading’.
TEDxStPeterPort comprises of 20 talks, with 15 live speakers and five recorded TED talks. Topics include:
- Creating industries from scratch
- The future of money
- Measuring what makes life worthwhile
- How to survive school
- Community kitchens
- Civic crowdfunding
- Putting Guernsey on the map
The day’s programme includes:
- Refreshments served throughout the day - come and go to the buffet area when you want
- Intervals to discuss ideas and meet like-minded people
- Creche area for young children where the talks can be viewed in comfort by parents
Doors open at 08:30am and we close doors at approx 18:30.
For full event information and latest speaker list please visit the TEDxStPeterPort website