TEDxWhitehallWomen 28 October, 2016
Friday, October 28, 2016 from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM (BST)
TEDxWhitehallWomen is back for its 4th event on Friday 28th October, hosted again by the wonderful Hilary Carty, Founder Co-Creatives.
This one day event will take place for the first time at Whitehall courtesy of our hosts at the Foreign Office
We have a stellar line up of speakers and will also stream part of the global TEDWomen event taking place in USA.
- Tracey Follows, Chief Innovation Officer, The Future Laboratory
- Dr Yvonne Thompson CBE, Authort 7 Traits of Highly Successful Women on Boards
- Andy Woodfield, Partner, PwC
- Joanna Roper, Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- Shanthi Flynn, Global HR Officer, Adecco Group
- Pam Relph, Paralympian
- John Amaechi OBE, Psychologist
- Jack Monroe, Writer, Journalist, Activist
- Jacquie Johnston Lynch, Head of Service, Tom Harrison House
- Mandy Sanghera, International Human Rights Activist
- Maria Esposito, Media Professional
- Alicia Wanless (La Generalista), Director of Strategic Communications, The SecDev Foundation
Jo Swinson, Director, Equal Power Consulting
- Britt Harris, Performer
- Hayley Parkes, BBC Young Musician Finalist, Classical Pianist
- Girls Rock London, Not for Profit
- Nathan Tuft, Spoken Word Poet
- Sabine Momma & Nadine Standish, Youth Changemakers, World Merit
The event will be open for registration at 9.30am
Please ensure you bring photo ID and arrive in time to gain access
TEDx events are strictly not for profit and organisers rely on good will and bartering to ensure these days are successful and enjoyable for all. There will be a fee of £65 per person to attend to cover costs of running this amazing event.
What is TEDx?
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.
What it TED?
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a four-day conference in California 27 years ago, TED has grown to support those world-changing ideas with multiple initiatives.
Look forward to seeing you in October.
For more information:
When & Where
Events 1st - Simone Roche
Simone Roche is a serial connector, collaborator and passionate about bringing people together through her events. Licensee for TEDxWhitehallWomen, founder of Northern Power Women and curator of many conferences, events and awards across the UK. Simone has created events like this to recognise women and businesses as a force for good and change.