San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
To explore the experience of bereaved teenagers and identify ways to provide appropriate support
- to explore the world of the teenager and develop a deeper understanding of the struggles teenagers face
- to gain an understanding of the theories of loss and mourning in relation to teenagers
- to recognise the diverse needs of bereaved teenagers
- to explore our own experiences of loss and how it impacts on us when we observe the grief of others
- to identify ways to encourage emotional literacy in adolescents
- to gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available
We acknowledge the support of the Scottish Government through CYPFEIF and ALEC Fund Grant.
When & Where
Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK is recognised as the UK's leading provider of training for professionals working with bereaved families across the UK.
We support families and educate professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement.
Currently the charity trains around 8,000 professionals each year across health care, social care, education, the emergency services and the voluntary sector. It also provides a national support and information service, award-winning resources, an interactive website and family bereavement support in locations around the UK.