Actions and Detail Panel
Telling Tales - Storytelling for Business (1 day)
Thu 4 May 2017, 09:15 – 17:30 BST
Stories are a common human experience and unite us all. They are a primary means of connecting with each other and a fundamental tool in building a community. Stories serve different functions and uses: to entertain, to inform, to instruct, to unite.
By examining how stories work and why we are so drawn to them, this course explores some fundamentals of communication and develops an understanding of how we can utilise this essential human characteristic to complement our communication skills.
This one day workshop gives you an understanding of how to increase the power of your communication using the techniques and structures of storytelling. Dynamic, vibrant, and powerful connections are all possible using the principals taught on this course.
This is a highly practical workshop taught within a safe and structured environment. You will be challenged, inspired and stretched with an emphasis on individual feedback and coaching. As an outcome you can expect to have greater conﬁdence and presence when approaching professional communication.
Telling Tales follows Seen and Heard – Presenting Made Brilliant, and can be taken as a discounted two-day option allowing you to enhance your professional communications even more.
By the end of this course you will:
- Be a more skilled and conﬁdent communicator
- Understand how to connect with an audience of various sizes in different contexts
- Have a practical understanding of the applications of story in a work and social environment
- Have a knowledge of the mechanics and structures of effective story telling
- Be able to 'hook' an audience and engage them from the offset
- Sustain the audience's interest with conﬁdence
- Have a range of skills at your disposal which develop ﬂexibility, authenticity, and impact
- Develop an understanding of the power of language and the relationships it precipitates
- Recognise why stories matter to us
4 May 2017
24 May 2017
16 June 2017
4 July 2017