Actions and Detail Panel
Tennessee Land Study Teach-In
Sat 20 May 2017, 11:00 – 16:00 EDT
YOU’RE INVITED to join activists, scholars, and community members from throughout East Tennessee at a teach-in to learn more about the ownership and use of our land. This teach-in will be the first step in the process of gathering input from across the region, and training and empowering citizens to do the work of the study in their own communities.
Saturday, May 20, 2017
Green McAdoo Cultural Center
101 School St,
Clinton, TN 37716
Among the goals of this teach-in will be:
- Discussing the history of land ownership in Tennessee and Appalachia
- Identifying local histories and public assets in communities throughout East Tennessee
- Sharing the outcomes and processes of previous studies.
- Learning how to access and compile land ownership data.
- Developing a list of priorities for the study that meet your local needs.
- Assigning tasks for the next steps in the study
This study has the potential to transform the way we understand our region and our communities. However, it will only succeed with grassroots involvement from all over East Tennessee.
We hope that you will join us on May 20th.