Always the runner-up and never the winner?
Many an excellent school leader or classroom teacher just does not do him or herself justice in interview situations, and so, time after time, is the runner-up in job interviews. How can you improve your performance in stressful interview situations, showcase your skills and experience, give a thoroughly professional impression and persuade the panel that it is in their interest to appoint you?
The TES interview technique workshop on Saturday 11th May offers a half-day (2.5 hours) session, as part of a small group, with an experienced education interviewer to help you prepare for an important interview and increase your chances of being offered the position.
- Help you identify your strengths and develop strategies to illustrate them
- Consider possible questions for your job level and area
- Suggest techniques for answering questions
- Work with you to identify examples in your professional experience that relate to specific job competencies, for focused answers to questions
- Emphasise your professional qualities
- Advise you on your personal presentation and the non-verbal messages you may be communicating
- Be supportive; you’ll learn what you are doing right and how to build further on this
- Be honest and, if necessary, blunt. You’ll know where you are going wrong, and how to remedy this
- Facilitate mock interviews and feedback
- Give you some techniques that could improve your self-confidence
· Provide you with model answers
· Tell you how great you are just to make you feel good
· Pull the punches
We can’t guarantee that you’ll get the job, but we can identify the strengths and weaknesses of your performance and work with you to develop strategies for improvement.
Registration at 10:30am workshop ends at 13:00pm
£120 including VAT and registration fee
Feedback from recent interview coaching sessions:
"I really had developed an aversion to interviews because of a bad experience, yet by the end of the afternoon I felt much more confident again."
"I would like to thank you very much for your excellent interview training. I had my interview at the school this week and I have got wonderful news for you: I got the job!!!"
"…the session was fantastic and gave me the confidence and knowledge to get the job today!!!"
For more information on the current programme of TES workshops please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars
When & Where
TES Global Limited
TES Global is a fast growing and global digital education company dedicated to supporting the world’s teachers with a portfolio of tailored services.