Tesco Bank Tour O The Borders 2016
Choice of Two Route Lengths:
Full Route - 120kms/74 miles
Challenge route - 88.8km/56 miles
Starting in the Borders town of Peebles, the Touro route will travel mainly over quiet back roads, and climb several stiff hills along the way. Challenging but rewarding, the routes (short and long) will feature some amazing natural scenery – what better way to take your mind off your efforts than by enjoying this beautiful part of Scotland!
We’re confident this is the best value-for-money closed road sportive in the country, and it’s 100% organised by local riders.
So what do you get for your money?
- A fantastic closed road ride including some of the UK’s best cycling country and awesome scenery
- Shower and changing facilities before and after
- Great feed stations on the route with a variety of locally-made treats, including some fantastic cake and Forsyth’s famous macaroni pies
- The best electronic chip timing system, results texted to you soon after finish
- Official souvenir for all finishers
- Waterproof, tear-proof route map
- Mechanical support before and during the event
- Comprehensive first aid and safety provision around the course
- Water and toilet stops where you’ll most likely need them (we’re riders too!)
- A sweeper vehicle and tech/service support will be on course
- You must sign on the day before the ride to receive your timing chip UNLESS you have booked the additional postal delivery service
- Start times to be confirmed. Riders leave in waves based on their estimated finish time faster riders first
- All riders have timing chips. All riders’ times are logged and available at the finish. All results will be posted on event website asap after the event, and individual results texted to their phone soon after they finish.
- All riders will be issued with a personal number board and wristband. Number boards must be attached to handlebars and must be readable throughout the event. Wristbands MUST be worn throughout the event for safety reasons. Riders not wearing their wristbands may be asked to leave the course.
There are two options for registration for 2016:
1. Registration in person
2. Advance postal registration
Option 1 – Registration in person
Riders must register on Saturday 6th August 2016, the day before the event (as in previous years) on Peebles Tweed Green EH45 8AP between 10am and 8pm. Riders cannot register on the morning of the event. To allow same day registration would mean we’d have to start registering people at about 1am in the morning on the Sunday – it’s just not feasible and would mean an impossibly early start for riders (and us).
Option 2 – Advance postal registration
New for 2016, riders can choose to have their rider pack sent to them in advance of the event. Riders wishing to use this new registration method MUST select this optional extra when registering online for the event, as this cannot be added on later. Advance postal registration is an additional £10, and will only be available for riders who enter by Monday 6th June 2016 – no rider packs can be sent out for riders who register after this date.* This is to allow your personalised number board and timing chip to be prepared in advance.
*Rider packs will be sent Royal Mail Signed For Second Class, which requires a signature so will provide proof of delivery. Packs will be sent out at the beginning of July 2016. All riders should receive their packs by Monday 11th July 2016 – if you have not received your pack by this date, you MUST contact us (email@example.com) by Friday 22nd July 2016.
A reminder will be sent to you by email to check you’ve got everything!
We will track your pack online, and check if it has been signed for. If it has NOT BEEN SIGNED FOR, we will arrange for a new rider pack to be available for you to collect at registration on Sunday EARLY MORNING before the event starts.
If you have not received your pack but do not contact us by Friday 22nd July 2016 there will be a charge of £15 for a new pack at registration (early Sunday morning).
DON’T LOSE OR FORGET YOUR PACK!
If you do, there will also be a charge of £15 for a replacement. Your name will not appear on replacement numberboards.
Tesco has formed a ground breaking charity partnership with Diabetes UK and the British Heart Foundation, bringing together two of the country’s leading health charities in a three year partnership to help change the nation’s health for the better.
By working together with Diabetes UK and the British Heart Foundation, Tesco is combining the charities’ expertise in health with its ability to connect with people across communities. And as a result, they’re aiming to raise £30 million throughout the partnership. But more importantly, they are hoping to raise significant awareness of diabetes and cardiovascular disease and improve the health of our nation.
If you would like to find out more about what the National Charity Partnership is doing and how they are making a difference in communities then please visit the website http://tescocharitypartnership.org.uk/
We are proud to support the Tesco National Charity Partnership that brings together two of the country’s leading health charities; Diabetes UK and British Heart Foundation. Tesco is combining the charities’ expertise in health with its ability to connect with people across communities to raise significant awareness of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
All riders can opt to ride for the Tesco National Charity Partnership when registering and will receive a free charity partnership cycling jersey when they raise over £100.
Event organising company based in Peebles, in the Scottish Borders.
Events include The TweedLove Bike Festival and Tour O The Borders
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.