Following the success of the inaugural Christie Advanced Radiotherapy Summer School, we invite you to join us again and discover, discuss and debate recent advances in radiotherapy with leading practitioners.
The Christie is one of Europe’s largest cancer hospitals treating in excess of 40,000 patients per annum and has Europe’s largest radiotherapy department, with 16 linacs. It was chosen by the National Health Service as one of the two UK proton therapy sites (NHS investment of £250m) and will start treating patients in 2018.
Monday - Proton Beam Therapy
Tuesday - SABR/SRS
Wednesday - Adaptive Radiotherapy
Thursday - Adaptive Radiotherapy
The course is designed as an integrated programme but one day and two day attendance options are available
For further details please click here.
The course is deliberately aimed
at a wide audience:
radiographers, medical physicists
and clinicians as well as those
from a more academic
environment who wish to learn
more about this subject
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ (PARKING)
Car parking is very limited at the hospital so please make alternative arrangements where possible. We do have a park and ride service from Christie Fields, M21 7QS that you are able to use.
Booking Terms & Conditions:
1. Your place will only be confirmed once The Christie receives payment or the production of an official purchase order to confirm that your trust are willing to pay your delegate fees
2. Once your place is confirmed, you will be sent a confirmation email informing you of your place. Bearing this in mind, please write legibly on your booking form and ensure that your email address is correct
3. Joining instructions, including directions to the venue, will be posted to you two to four weeks before the course commences. This will contain details of how to get to The Christie and an up to date agenda.
4. If you are applying for an early bird discount, please make sure that your payment arrives before 1500 on the day the offer ends to ensure that you are charged correctly
5. Payment should be made before the course commences. If this does not occur, we reserve the right to cancel a booking in the case of non-receipt of payment prior to the day of course
6. If another member of your organisation is processing your application, please ensure that your booking form (or a copy of it) is sent to the event production team in order to provisionally book a place
7. In the event of a cancellation, you or your employer will be charged the full fee if you do not inform the course organisers at least 5 working days before the event
8. There will be an administrative charge of £30 for all cancellations unless a replacement delegate is identified
9. It is the responsibility of the representative booking the training course(s) to ensure that the event organisers are informed of any special dietary or access requirements
10. A list of nearby accommodation can be found via the following link http://bit.ly/2hOQL4r
11. Speaker presentations will not be distributed on the day but delegates will be given a handbook containing information covered in the presentations. With this in mind, you are recommended to bring your own writing materials in order to take notes.