Actions and Detail Panel
The 95: North East & Yorkshire Region Tour with Tim Hastie-Smith
Tue 9 May 2017, 12:30 – 14:30 BST
It's estimated that a staggering 95% of children and young people in England and Wales aren't in church*. So how are all those children going to hear the good news of Jesus? We certainly can't wait for them to step through our church doors. We need to step out and take the good news to them – to meet them where they are!
(* Peter Brierley, UK Church Statistics 2, 2010-2020, Tonbridge: ADBC Publishers, 2014)
Reaching those beyond the church has always been an important part of Scripture Union's mission but this year, as we celebrate our 150th anniversary, we're making it our number one priority. But by making this a priority, we're also facing a big challenge... just how do we share the good news with the next generation? How do we connect with those for whom the gospel is likely to be an alien concept?
We can't take on this challenge alone and so we are excited to welcome Scripture Union National Director, Tim Hastie -Smith to our region to share more about our vision to reach this missing 95% of children and young people. We'd love you to join us on this journey to ensure that many more children and young people get the opportunity to discover the difference Jesus can make to the challenges and adventures of life, so come and hear Tim share just how you can join with us in this.
You are invited to join us for free at any of the following times at the locations indicated:
- Mon lunch, 12.00pm-2.00pm: Durham Centre, Belmont Industrial Estate, Durham.
- Mon evening, 6.30pm-8.30pm: Waterford Lodge, Morpeth, Northumberland.
- Tue breakfast, 8.00am-9.30am: St Barnabas Church Hall, Linthorpe, Middlesbrough.
- Tue lunch, 12.30pm-2.30pm: Parish Hall, St Michael & all Angels, Main Street, Cherry Burton, East Yorkshire, HU17 7RF.
- Tues evening, 7.30pm-9.30pm: Church Hall, St Andrew's Bishopthorpe, York, YO23 2QG.
- Wed breakfast, 8:30 - 10.00am: Halifax / Keighley, West Yorkshire
- Wed lunch, 12.00pm-2.00pm: Doncaster/Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Wed teatime, 6.00pm- 8:30pm: Sheffield, South Yorkshire