Actions and Detail Panel
The Agile Facilitator - Lyssa Adkins and Michael Hamman October 2017
Mon, 2 Oct 2017, 09:00 – Tue, 3 Oct 2017, 18:00 BST
Adventures with Agile are proud to partner with the Agile Coaching Insitute to offer the Agile Facilitator course with Lyssa Adkins and Michael Hamman for the first time in London this October.
An Immersion into Professional Facilitation for Agilists
The Agile Facilitator is a two and one-half day class (compressed into 2 calendar days) for experienced Agilists who wish to dramatically increase their facilitation skills in general, especially as applied to Agile ceremonies, collaborative events, and other team “moments of truth.” The workshop will focus on professional facilitation skills and techniques as applied specifically within the Agile context.
Who Will Benefit From The Class
- Beginning ScrumMasters, Agile Project Managers or Iteration Managers well versed in the agile basics and who have experienced an agile team
- Experienced ScrumMasters, Agile Project Managers or Iteration Managers
- Agile Coaches who want increased facilitation skills and results
- Anyone interested in bringing more rigor and structure to their facilitation of Agile ceremonies and other collaborative events
This is decidedly not a beginning agile class, but also not an advanced one. It is an intermediate course for practitioners with at least 3 months of hands-on agile experience. You should also be grounded in Agile Fundamentals (ICAgile Certified Professional), a Certified ScrumMaster, or equivalent agile training because the course builds directly on your agile team experience.
- Length: Two and one-half days (compressed into 2 calendar days)
- Hours: Day 1: 9 am to 8 pm. Day 2: 9 am to 5 pm.
- Morning beverages, lunch, an afternoon snack and dinner on Day 1 are provided.
Early Bird: £1450 + VAT
Standard: £1550 + VAT
Many students have reported that this course changed their work and even their life. Read the testimonials on the Agile Coaching Institute website.
About Lyssa Adkins
Since 2004, I have taught Scrum and Agile Coaching to well over a thousand students, coached many agile teams, and served as master coach to scores of apprentice coaches.
In both one-on-one settings and small groups, I enjoy a front-row seat as remarkable agile coaches emerge and go on to entice the very best from the teams and organizations they coach.
With ACI, I have had the pleasure of training over 2,000 people in the skills and mindsets of great agile coaching. Prior to agile, I had more than fifteen years of expertise leading project teams and groups of project managers (I was even a PMO Director — twice!), yet nothing prepared me for the power of agile done simply and well.
I believe that agile is more than an alternate project management methodology and I am passionate about deepening the roles in agile – specifically agile coach and agile manager – to help agile move into its fullest expression.
I hold an alphabet soup of certifications: Certified Scrum Coach (CSC), ICAgile Expert in Agile Coaching (ICE-AC), SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Project Management Professional (PMP), Six Sigma Green Belt (SSGB), Organization and Relationship Systems Certified Coach (ORSCC) and Associate Certified Coach (ACC). I am also a trained Co-Active Coach and Leader. In 2010, I authored Coaching Agile Teams: A Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in Transition.
About Michael Hamman
For most of the past 25 years, I have committed myself to the possibility that the workplace be a site for personal, professional and social transformation. Trained early on in coaching and large group facilitation with Werner Erhard and Associates, I went on to train in systems thinking, facilitation, organization development, and leadership development with Peter Senge, Peter Block, Thomas Leonard, Otto Laske, Marvin Weisbord, and with the Leadership Circle. For 12 years I developed software, and coached and trained software teams in the beauty of design and teamwork.
This rich variety of background and training informs a unique approach to coaching agile teams and organizations that strives to see the whole system. Over the last ten years, I have coached dozens of Fortune 500 companies, leaders and teams toward greater holistic agility. In the process I have helped hundreds of people develop their own capacity for agile leadership and practice. Currently, my principle focus is in the areas of adaptive leadership and organization agility. I am working on a PhD in human and organizational development at Fielding Graduate University. I am Director of Agile Leadership Training & Development for ACI.
Outcomes the Class Will Produce
While mastering facilitation skills in the Agile context will require both time and practice, our class will allow you to:
- Gain an in-depth and practical understanding of a wide array of techniques practiced by professional facilitators.
- Understand and practice the art of collaborative meeting design, including the importance of smart preparation that will reduce overall cost and increase the effectiveness of your meetings.
- Practice techniques for skillfully facilitating core Agile meetings and ceremonies with playfulness and a collaborative spirit, while still focused on key deliverables.
- Gain rich, well-delivered feedback on your growing facilitation skills.
- Give you ideas for designing meetings in which the team interacts with the team so they can do the heavy-lifting.
- Understand how to address some of the dysfunctional behaviors you see preventing your team from achieving maximum success.
- Learn how to define, discuss, and ACHIEVE consensus with the team for faster and better decision making.
- Come away with your own facilitator self-development plan.
- This class satisfies the Agile Team Facilitator portion of classroom learning for the ICAgile Coaching & Facilitation track.
- 16 Scrum Alliance SEUs toward the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) level.
- 16 PMI PDUs.
- ICAgile Team Facilitator learning objectives
- Core IAF Facilitator Competencies
- ACI’s Agile Coaching Competency Model
The Agile Facilitator is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) as fulfilling all Learning Objectives in the Team Facilitation track. After successful completion of The Agile Facilitator, you can apply for ICAgile Professional continuing education certifications in Team Facilitation, provided you meet ICAgile’s prerequisites. To receive the ICAgile Continuing Education Certification, you must not miss more than 1 hour of class. Learn more at ICAgile.
The Agile Facilitator is also approved by the Scrum Alliance and yields 16 SEUs toward your Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or to support your existing Scrum Alliance certifications, such as the CSM. Learn more at the Scrum Alliance.
Any learning in Agile is typically acceptable to the Project Management Institute as continuing education. The Agile Facilitator yields 16 PDUs that you can claim toward your PMI-ACP or to support your existing PMI certifications, such as the PMP. Learn more at the PMI.
Please read our full terms and conditions.